Tuesday, April 29, 2014

References of my Exploration

    As a college student, it is very difficult to travel let alone to travel to the sub-saharan region of South Sudan and truly investigate as well as get a first hand look at the Nuer tribe. I must credit the ones that have taken that extra step to see with their own eyes the Nuer culture. Their information has helped a great deal in furthering my knowledge about foreign beings like me.

    The South Sudan News Agency is a truly reliable source of current events happening in South Sudan. This page kept me up to date with the social life and culture of the Nuer people. This also gave me a really good aspect and view on their religion, on possible change in beliefs or rituals. Interactions and conflicts with other tribes or government intervention came across time to time.

    On the other end of the current event spectrum, "www.everyculture.com" enlightened me on the history of the Nuer people. As far as religion, tradition, food, hunting and gathering; this website gave me a crash course in the history of the Nuer.

Finally, my most reliable reference was "www. nueronline.com". This website was gold. It literally gave me the most detailed, to the point explanations of the people. Mainly because it was ran in collaboration with the Nuer people and their explorers.

No comments:

Post a Comment